tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Kelley <Mi...@M-V-T.COM>
Subject RE: Prob Loading DB Driver
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:55:34 GMT
I found a "BIGHAMMER" approach earlier today, I put copies of my jdbc
drivers in the Tomcat/common/lib  folder
But and I quote

"If you have only one web-app that references this driver, you should put it
in WEB-INF/lib. This allows for better maintenance and management of your
libraries and dependencies. To reference/load the driver classname, you
could use a parameter entry in the web.xml file... You could even have a
startup servlet to load the driver in DriverManager and/or have it available
through some lookup system such as a JNDI service.

I think this is cleaner than having it in Tomcat/common/lib UNLESS you want
those drivers to be available for all web-apps you create."

There was a small thread on this today under "Where to place JDBC Drivers?
How?"

-----Original Message-----
From: Jovie Castaneda [mailto:jovie@pure-commerce.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:08 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Prob Loading DB Driver

Hi All,

im encountering problems in Tomcat 4 when Im loading my database driver. I
did set into my classpath the location of my IDS Driver classes and I didnt
encounter any problems in Tomcat 3.2.3 . Maybe I missed something in Tomcat
4 which may be the reason why i cnat make it work...hope you could give me a
hand on thi thanks in advance.

-Jovie