tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Kelley <Mi...@M-V-T.COM>
Subject RE: Where to place JDBC drivers? How? SOLUTION FOUND!
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:02:41 GMT
(for my tower of cards at least)
I'm new to all this and this is probably not the best solution BUT
Placing my new JDBC.jar driver files within the Tomcat 4.0/common/lib/
folder got things to work .....

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kelley [mailto:MikeK@M-V-T.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 11:29 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Where to place JDBC drivers? How?

Yeah, I'm not afraid of editing the files, as you said that easy enough,
yours was the first to suggest editing those files though ... The drivers
came with some JSP & HTML pages that are supposed to scces the as400 db,
with all of these files though there was no WEB-INF file ....

Would simply creating a WEB-INF file and placing said drivers in the folder
be enough? Or do the jar/driver files just need to be in the WEB-INF in the
webapps branch? (where I unpacked all the sample files from the jdbc
provider)?

Just for Info I'm running win2k sp2, apache 1.3.22, TC4.0, jdk1.3.1_01 The
applications (apache tomact and apache) are listed as services under the
windows services manager, I currently have them set as manual services so I
can control the start up order and have easy access to
starting/stopping/restarting