tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Kelley <Mi...@M-V-T.COM>
Subject RE: [Wed Nov 28 17:39:40 2001] [error] K! mod_webapp with TC4 and A pache1.3.20/22
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:45:00 GMT
I too am having the same problem ... I haven't figured out a proper fix yet,
What I end up doing is restarting apache (once maybe, twice) and then
bouncing around the examples page a bit.
One of the other things I'm experiencing along with the gifs not loading is
that atfirst the individual examples won't initially load .. Until I hit the
refresh/reload button in the browser (IE5.5 SP2) I've found that if I load
the source pages a few times the icons/gifs will finally load. Once they
load they stick and the http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html will work
great from there on out, and every individ example will load "first time"
from there on out (till I shut down and restart  ... Then everything begins
anew)

One thing I did run across was in the tutorial I followed to install TC &
Apache I installed TC as a service, well server xml causes (I think, someone
correct me if I'm wrong) two TC's to start up ... The standalone and the
Apache Tomcat mix ... I'm beginning to think there is some kind of conflict
between those two ...
This reasoning comes from my install of TC as a service ... I noticed under
the services window (control panel>administrative tools>services) that I had
a tomcat service Along WITH Apache Tomcat, Once I turned Tomcat into a
manual load service and just ran Apache & Apache Tomcat, things seemed to
actually load better ... I still have the gif problems but they will
eventually load with enough browsing ...

I know I have provided no fix but maybe one of our more experienced Apache,
TC, Win2K users knows the answer ... Or at least recogmizes the symptoms

MK