tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bickerton <abicker...@opaltelecom.co.uk>
Subject HELP assigning a logger object to a context PLUS WEBAPP WOES
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:05:55 GMT
Hi all,

Current Setup

PIII 550	- 256 MB

Linux RH 7.2
Sun j2ee JDK 1.3.1_01
Tomcat 4.0.1 	(From rpm)
Apache 1.3.2	(Pre-Installed)
mod_webapp 	(compiled from source)

Webapps directory is on a seperate physical device, is mounted and is accessable from var/tomcat/webapps/

Question:
I can assign a logger object to a contect in server.xml when tomcat is stopped and this works
OK.

When I install a new context, if I want to provide a logger for it, where do I put the definition.
(I don;t want to be restarting tomcat everytime I install a new context, I would defeat
the point of the manager app.)

btw,

I still cannot install web applications from .WAR files, following the instuction in the docs.

either the default (examples.war )  or any that I create using JBuilder 5, I still get the
error that on of the files is missing.

Question : Has anyone else had this problem ?

...and if so

Question : how did you get around it?

Any help with this would be gratly appreciated, (You never know I may write an idiots guide
to using Tomcat4...)