tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bickerton <abicker...@opaltelecom.co.uk>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux (RH 7.2)
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:14:34 GMT
21/11/2001 20:38:37, "John & Valerie Dobbs" <jdobbssprint@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hi,

I'm glad to have been of some help.

In order to start any service under linux you must be logged in as root, however, when you
start tomcat it sudo's itself to whatever user id you set
upo in /etc/tomcat4/conf/tomcat4.conf.

I run it as user: tomcat4 and group : sys
Although you don't need to set the group to sys I find it helps, best perhaps to leave it
set to tomcat4.

Hope this helps.
Alec,

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the World to himself. Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man."