tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bickerton <abicker...@opaltelecom.co.uk>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux (RH 7.2)
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:36:21 GMT
21/11/2001 14:15:39, "John & Valerie Dobbs" <jdobbssprint@earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi,

I am running TC 4.01 on RH 7.2, it was installed from rpm, hence no shell scripts in $CATALINA_HOME/bin,
just bootstrap.jar
Tomcat can be controlled easily enough using service Tomcat4 start | stop | restart

Small gripe with the rpm distro tho.
Where are the webapps ? I had to D/L the binary distro to get these.

One small question and I know Its been asked many times before but I'm looking for a quick
fix.

I want to be able to access tomcat without having to put the port number in, apache 1.3.22
is also running on the soame box and I know I can
use WARP.

Question is

whats the syntax to map the logserver context to an apache context.

http://{Server}.com:8180/logging/process  (Calling tomcat directly)

this calls the servlet process in  the logserver context

What I want to be able to do is this
http://{Server}.com/log

I've tried

   WebAppConnection conn warp {Server}:8008
   WebAppDeploy log conn /logserver/process but this doesn't work