tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Culinary Chef <ey...@earthlink.net>
Subject Tomcat & IIS Integration
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:17:02 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to publish my Web site that is using Tomcat as an application server, and IIS
as my Web server, but I am having no luck.  Here is what I did:

(1) Install Tomcat 4 on NT 4 SP6a.
(2) Install the redirector and I was able to get the up green arrow in IIS.
(3) I created a Web site instance in IIS, then added a virtual host named Jakarta to the Web
site, mapping both the Web site and the virtual host to the jsp pages located on my hard drive.
(4) When I go to http://localhost, my site works.
(5) When I go to http://www.nameofthesite.com or the IP address which is used in IIS for the
specific site created in step (3), I get part of my home page.  None of the jsp code loads
(such as includes).  When I try to log in using a log-in screen on my home page, I get the
following error:

>> HTTP Error 405
405 Method Not Allowed
The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource identified by the
request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type set up for the resource you are
requesting.
Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists. <<

So I am unable to publish my site.  Any ideas? I hope that one of you in the Tomcat group
can help. I need to get this running ASAP. Thank you very much.

Eyal