tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: STARTUP.SH DOESN'T WORKS FINE
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:35:42 GMT
If you want a process to be independant from user connection,
disconnection on a Unix boxes (and more generally on any system),
you should make it run as a service.

For example on Linux, you make it run at init time via
script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/.

And to be sure your tomcat has nothing to do with user,
make it run under low priority profile (it didn't need
to be run as root since it didn't open port < 80).

In my latest RPM for tomcat 3.3 and tomcat 4.0, I make
tomcat's run under tomcat and tomcat4 users :)

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)