tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject Common Problem with Tomcat/Apache (processer sticks at 97% on linux)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 01:08:24 GMT
I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 connected to Apache via mod_jk.  For some reason,
every once in a while, my java (Tomcat) process in linux goes up to 97% and
stays there until I try to stop tomcat.  Even though tomcat shuts down, that
process still stays all of the way up at 97% and can only be stopped by
executing the kill command.  Does anyone know a fix for this problem,
upgrade tomcat, upgrade linux version, upgrade jre, etc.?

I have seen many posts on this subject before, but never a definate answer.
I see that many people say check the code, so I am doing that for now.  The
only strange thing is that I can't figure out exactly what causes this to
happen, and it can't be duplicated on development machines running tomcat
stand alone on win2k.

Any help would REALLY be appreciated!!!