tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Java and double
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:57:45 GMT
That changes nothing.

If the left side of an assignment is double,
all numbers to the right are automagically
double. Such helpers are just needed if the
left side has a lower precision than double
(float, int, short, byte)

The only ways to get more precise results:
- use BigDecimal.
- round the number to the number of digits
  you are interested in.
- use an extenal Library which higher precision
  If there is any, I had no need for so didn't
  care to search one.