tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: j_security_check
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:12:21 GMT
Some remarks below:

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

<snip/>
> But (from a spec development point of view) it's a little
> frustrating to
> find out about stuff like this after the fact, rather than
> before.
<snip/>

I think that's normal. For example if we had used tomcat 4.0
the last year we wouldn't have found this behaviour because
had no project that required form based login and we don't have
the timer to test features that are not required by a project.

<snip/>
> In usability tests, if your user is even tempted to use the browser's
> controls (after they have become at least a little familiar
> with the app),
> I consider that a signal that there is probably not enough navigation
> capability within the app's pages itself.
<snip/>

I wouldn't say that.

Web users are used to browsers and their navigation.
I you are not implementing a intranet, most users
will spend just a little time in your application,
and much time in many other web applications.

Even in our own application I find my self using
the back button even if the applications button
is nearer to the current location of the mouse.