tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parashar, Hitesh" <Hitesh.Paras...@Avnet.com>
Subject RE: What is the need to run Apache and Tomcat together?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:39:04 GMT
Hi Graham:

What about the Flash files (*.swf)? Is there an impact on performance for
them?

Ciao,

Hitesh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Leggett [mailto:minfrin@sharp.fm]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 9:32 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: What is the need to run Apache and Tomcat together?

"Nivy, Ofer" wrote:

> In my application there is no need for static pages. All the content is
> generated dynamically.
> Do you think that in this context, there is any advantage of using the
> combination of tomcat+apache?

If all your pages are dynamic, then using Tomcat is probably the way to
go.

Keep in mind though - a graphic file is typically a "static page", so if
your app has no graphics in it, or if you app references graphics on a
different webserver, then Tomcat on it's own should be fine, otherwise
Tomcat+Apache will be faster if there are graphics.

Regards,
Graham