tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parashar, Hitesh" <Hitesh.Paras...@Avnet.com>
Subject RE: jboss-tomcat-apache
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:09:12 GMT
Meg:

You neither need to lose EJB nore Apache! You can have all three working
together. I got the following combination working fine
	-	JBoss 2.4.3
	-	Tomcat 4.0
	-	Apache 1.3.22

One constraint is that we have to jar the JSPs/servlets and other resources
and put them in <JBoss-install>/deploy directory. During initialization,
JBoss inflates the resources and deploys'em. Does that help?

Ciao,

Hitesh.

-----Original Message-----
From: meg [mailto:akeijou@netscape.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 10:23 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: jboss-tomcat-apache

so...
tomcat 4 and apache 1.3 works fine.  jboss 2.4 with embedded tomcat 4 works
fine too.  but the three altogether is bang-head-on-wall matter for me.
either i lose EJBs or i lose Apache.

jboss folks say it's because jboss does not use tomcat's server.xml.  maybe
in the future, but not soon.

has anyone been able to do a workaround (with or without using embedded
tomcat in jboss)?

i'm thinking of just running all three separately, writing intermediate
classes (yet another set of interfaces) that serve as EJB clients that can
then be imported into JSPs and servlets.  what would be the upside/downside
of this?

this is probably a naive question (i don't really know what goes behind the
scenes with this trio) but how about a tomcat with embedded jboss?

lastly, thanks much for the online forum,
--meg
This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 4.0 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=16>
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/>