tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parashar, Hitesh" <Hitesh.Paras...@Avnet.com>
Subject RE: jboss-tomcat-apache
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:45:31 GMT
Meg:

We are in a similar situation. We are also trying to use the trio of
Apache+JBoss+Tomcat. Did you try using the bundle of
JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3 instead of JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-4.0? Is
JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3 bundle more stable than JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-4.0?

TIA,

Hitesh.

-----Original Message-----
From: meg [mailto:akeijou@netscape.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 10:23 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: jboss-tomcat-apache

so...
tomcat 4 and apache 1.3 works fine.  jboss 2.4 with embedded tomcat 4 works
fine too.  but the three altogether is bang-head-on-wall matter for me.
either i lose EJBs or i lose Apache.

jboss folks say it's because jboss does not use tomcat's server.xml.  maybe
in the future, but not soon.

has anyone been able to do a workaround (with or without using embedded
tomcat in jboss)?

i'm thinking of just running all three separately, writing intermediate
classes (yet another set of interfaces) that serve as EJB clients that can
then be imported into JSPs and servlets.  what would be the upside/downside
of this?

this is probably a naive question (i don't really know what goes behind the
scenes with this trio) but how about a tomcat with embedded jboss?

lastly, thanks much for the online forum,
--meg
This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 4.0 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=16>
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/>