tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ansalvish, Dave R" <Ansalvis...@navair.navy.mil>
Subject New user questions
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:56:43 GMT
Hi,

  I've downloaded Tomcat3.3 today and installed it according to the
instructions.  But, when I reached the point where it stated to type in your
browser 'http://localhost:8080/' and you should see
the TOMCAT welcome screen, all I received was a message of 'File not Found'.
At first I thought it might be my Apache web server interfering so, I halted
the server.  Still I received the same message.  I even flushed my broswer
cache.  So, did I miss something in the installation?

  Also, I was reading in the docuementation about ApacheConfig in the
server.xml and I'm totally
confused on how to use the directives of forwardAll and noRoot.  Can someone
give me a more clearer explanation.

  Finally, when I downloaded the distribution set for Tomcat 3.2, there was
no 'native' directory in which I could build mod_jk.  I also found out to
build mod_jk I had to copy all the files from the 'common' directory into
Apache-1.3 directory in order for build-solaris.sh to work.

Thanks
Dave