tomcat-users mailing list archives

From felix <fe...@crucial-systems.com>
Subject Re: UnknownHostException thrown from SmtpClient
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:40:10 GMT

Using JavaMail now (tedious download process, can't just wget )

and i get a more descriptive exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Sending failed;
  nested exception is:
        javax.mail.MessagingException: 501 syntactically invalid HELO
argument(s)

So here is a good example for all of us why sun.net.smtp.SmtpClient should
be avoided.
it threw an UnknownHostException when the problem is completely different.

This is going to exim, not sendmail.