tomcat-users mailing list archives

From felix <fe...@crucial-systems.com>
Subject Re: UnknownHostException thrown from SmtpClient
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:43:02 GMT

Thanks, I think that's what needs to be done anyway.

on a related topic,
I've been trying to figure out if JavaMail threads / forks when it sends.

Or if its worth writing an Emailer (implements Runnable) that would just
take care of its business and let tomcat go on its merrry way.

the user doesn't need to know what we are emailing or if it succeeds.

anybody have any thoughts on that ?  extra thread overhead ? waste of my
time ?