tomcat-users mailing list archives

From felix <fe...@crucial-systems.com>
Subject UnknownHostException thrown from SmtpClient
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:14:08 GMT

Migrating some old code that uses the sun SmtpClient to a new server.

the SmtpClient throws an UnknownHostException, I'm using the i.p. address of
the mail server, which is actually on the same box.

i tried 127.0.0.1 and localhost and the named host (but not yet dns
transferred).

all the same exception.  the mailserver (exim) is not even being contacted.

i'm thinking its tomcat or jvm not knowing a dns host yet ?

clues anyone ?

I found one person relating the same thing:

they moved stuff from one tomcat(nt) to tomcat(linux) using the same smtp
server and it no longer worked. couldn't find the server.

thanks!