tomcat-users mailing list archives

From felix <fe...@crucial-systems.com>
Subject Re: Apache people, For god's sake Do something!
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 23:23:02 GMT

considering that the settings change quite a bit from release to release and
that there are so many options ( many of them depreciated but still clogging
the documentation), you should not write anything that tries to deal with
that.
it will simply break.

in other words, you are grabbing the wrong end of the cat...

better that the distribution should be cleaned. i'm sure that it was 4.0
attempts to do, and also 3.3 moves in that direction.

it just would be nice to have a clean version of 3.2.3 considering that it
was is specified as the most stable production version.