tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache1.3 & Tomcat 4.0.1
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:26:09 GMT
Steve Brunton at wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> Marko Sarunac at wrote:
>>> What i need to figure out is the WebAppDeploy line.
>>> I notice that it by default points to the webapps folder under tomcat
>>> how can i specify my war file in here?
>> WebAppDeploy /home/username/www/ conn /
> Pulled the nightly from last night and got it to build on my Solaris
> x86 box and actually work with Apache. That's cool.

Doh! :) What do you think is my favorite platform after MacOS/X 10.1 ??? :)

> Now though my question is about the above WebAppDeploy. If just '/' is
> mapped does that mean all requests will pass through the mod_webapp
> connector? I'm trying to get it setup so that just a {host}/servlet will
> actually invoke the servlets. If I attempt something like :
> WebAppDeploy /www/foo/java/servlet conn /servlet
> where /www/foo is document-root and having to create a WEB-INF symlink
> to that directory from inside of it, in order to actually have the
> servlet fire the request is {host}/servlet/servlet/HelloWorld, which
> looks like kind of silly. So, just a "conn /" would probably work, but I
> don't need all the overhead of dealing with a module if it's not
> necessary for each request. And does the mod_webapp work with JSP's or
> is it back to the mod_jk world for that stuff?

Nope, right now all requests are forwarded to Tomcat if you deploy it as
your web-server "root", but there are going to be some changes in the future
about it (hopefully _near_ future), but I can't guarantee when that'll

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message