tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: TC4, mod_webapp, WebAppDeploy, Path to webapp
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:16:35 GMT
Christian Gothe at Christian@kapelan.de wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I seems to me that an application given in the "application name" parameter of
> "WebAppDeploy" must be located in tomcat's webapps directory.
> But, how can I use a absolut path in my filesystem instead?
>
> Example:
>
> WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  /examples/
>
> /examples/ must be in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps!
>
> What I would like to have:
>
> WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  <root>/home/<user>/html
>
> The "WEB-INF" directory is below "html".
>

> My workaround is to set a symbolic link in the "webapps" dir. but that isn't
> what I want. ;-) I like to configure all webapps in httpd.conf
>
> Thanks for all answers,

It's all the way around... It's
WebAppDeploy /<root>/home/<user>/html conn /xxx/

Where "/<root>/home/<user>/html" is the directory on the disk where your
web-application resides, and /xxx/ is the URL path that you will have to put
after your http://myserver/... In your browser's URL (such as
http://server/xxx/ to access the webapp in /<root>/home/<user>/html on disk)

BTW, there's a bug in the code distributed with TC4.0.1, make sure you get a
nightly snapshot from http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/

    Pier