tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan S√łgaard <...@gopinocchio.com>
Subject RE: Probably a simple question, but I'm at a loss!
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:44:10 GMT
Hi Eskil

Try to put the jdbc driver .jar file into the TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory.

BR Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eskil Lauritsen [mailto:eskilla@stud.ntnu.no]
Sent: 21. november 2001 11:27
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Probably a simple question, but I'm at a loss!

I've been using win98 for my JSP-dabbling until recently when I bought
Windows XP.

I was interested in getting Jakarta-Tomcat to work with XP so I
installed
j2sdk-1_3_1_01 and Jakarta-Tomcat 4.01.

I used the Start Tomcat shortcut, and was relieved to see my pages
working
on localhost:8080, but one thing didn't work:

my guestbook which connects to a mysql server at my university would not
function. Great I thought and added mm.mysql-2.0.7-bin.jar to
JRE/LIB/EXT
because that was what had to be done in win98. I stopped Tomcat and
started
it again, but now -none- of my pages would render and only a 500
internal
server error would appear in ie6.

It works if I uninstall Tomcat 4 again (not the db-connection, but the
other
JSP pages) but that is just too annoying and not how it should be.

I hope my question is able to surface through the rant, though. :)

-Eskil Lauritsen