tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Beem Rickey L (Rick) CNIN" <bee...@crane.navy.mil>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0.1 instal fails on w2k with jdk 1.4 beta 3 installe d
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:56:49 GMT
You may have to add a String value of "1.4" called CurrentVersion under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit.  I had to do the
same thing for the "Java Runtime Environment" key.

-----Original Message-----
From: tbergers@lante.com [mailto:tbergers@lante.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 4:09 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 4.0.1 instal fails on w2k with jdk 1.4 beta 3 installed

after executing a few searches and reading some of the archives i do not
see whether there is a workaround for this issue.  can we assume there is
an issue with the beta?  i have java_home set to c:\jdk1.4b3 and the path
environment variable set to c:\jdk1.4b3.  upon hittng the exe for tomcat i
get the error prompt that tomcat cannot find a jdk installed, please go get
one from sun.  the javasoft registry setting exists with a reference to the
correct directory.

anyone else getting this?

thanks

tcb