tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Parker" <t...@econz.co.nz>
Subject RE: Precompile JSP
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:54:26 GMT
> Try bin/jspc.bat or jspc.sh

I would like to compile my jsp's as a test before I deploy it and see if it
works. I spend quite a lot of time changing stuff, deploying, loading in a
web browser and seeing jsp compiliation problems.

It would be nice to have jspc compile my jsp's during the deployment
process. I tried this and it seems to recompile everything, rather than only
those files that have changed.

Is there a depends option to jspc?

The obvious solution is to use ant to only compile those files that have
changed, but there doesn't seem to be an equivelent of make's .c.o option in
ant. Is there a dependset creator anywhere, if there isn't a generic .c.o
type task?