tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Rowles <JRow...@ordsvy.gov.uk>
Subject When does jspDestroy actually run, and why doesn't it appear to b e running at all?!
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:25:58 GMT
I have a JSP class with a piece of code like this:

<%! public void jspDestroy() {
	~~~code~~~
%>

The code performs some logging, which I want to use to check that sessions
are timing out correctly.  Timeout is set in the main body using this code:

request.getSession().setMaxInactiveInterval(3);

I do not see the logging when I have waited >3 minutes or when I have
stopped the Tomcat service.

Can anyone confirm that this is a correct approach for timeouts, and, more
importantly that the jspDestroy method should be running and why it does not
appear to be :(

Thanks in advance.
Justin.
--
Justin Rowles
E-Delivery Team

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk