tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sreekanth.Payyav...@bmwmcext.com
Subject RE: JNDI InitialContext not working when upgrading from Tomcat 3. 2.3 to 3.3
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:36:43 GMT
Try keeping them in the jre\lib\ext Folder

Sreekanth

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Robitu [mailto:adrian@intelliware.ca]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 5:14 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: JNDI InitialContext not working when upgrading from Tomcat
3. 2.3 to 3.3

Hi Larry,

Thank you! We've added all the classes we had in the CLASSPATH for 3.2.3 to
the tomcat.bat classpath setting. We've tried to put them in lib/common but
it didn't work (mainly the db2java.zip, jndi.jar and fscontext.jar). We also
had to remove the jndi.properties from the db2java.zip, since it was in the
way of our real jndi.properties.

However we are ok now, since we decided to go with 4.0.1 and the only thing
we had to do was to handle the db2java.zip (renamed to jar, took out the
jndi.properties - but right now is viewable from the common dir). So we
didn't had to touch the bat any longer. It seems to be working fine.

Best regards,
Adrian Robitu
e-Commerce Architect
(416) 762-0032/410