tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <>
Subject RE: Tomcat as a remote server
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:02:30 GMT

	If you had provided the full text of the error message I could have
answered you better, but I believe one of two things are happening:
	1.  Something else is trying to use the port that Tomcat wants (you
can use netstat -a to determine what ports are in use)
	2.  You are trying to use a restricted port.  Generally UNIX
reserves ports 1024 and below for usage only by root.  If you are not using
one of these ports then its probably not the problem.

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message