tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: JspC Not Generating
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:02:23 GMT

	Sorry, I guess I thought you were psychic.

	The files go into a /classified directory under the root of the
webapp.  I keep my Java source in /WEB-INF/source.

	I am calling JspC from Ant as:

    <!-- Use JspC to compile the JSPs into .java -->
    <java classname="org.apache.jasper.JspC">
      <arg value="-d" />
      <arg value="${src}/WEB-INF/source" />
      <arg value="-webxml" />
      <arg value="${src}/WEB-INF/source/auto-web.xml" />
      <arg value="-webapp" />
      <arg value="${src}" />
      <classpath>
      <pathelement location="${tomcatRoot}/lib/tomcat.jar" />
	<pathelement location="${tomcatRoot}/lib/common/servlet.jar" />
      <pathelement location="${tomcatRoot}/lib/container/jasper.jar" />
	<pathelement location="${tomcatRoot}/lib/container/tomcat_util.jar"
/>
      </classpath>
    </java>

	Where src is the root of my source tree (i.e. there is a classified
directory and a WEB-INF) and tomcatRoot is the same as TOMCAT_HOME.

	I know its not an issue with the particular command - the
application has been building correctly for several months, its just these
new files don't want to compile.  Other newer and older files do work.

	Randy