tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <>
Subject RE: How to use Tomcat4.0 with jdbc?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:12:47 GMT
the drivers are usually in or (the first for
JDK1.2 and up, the second if you're on JDK1.1)  If you are on a windows
machine, I believe that there is an additional issue with .zips being
recognized as valid jar files.  If you've got in \common\lib and
it's still not working, try just renaming the file and changing .zip to .jar
-- there is no file format difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sriram Narayanan []
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 8:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to use Tomcat4.0 with jdbc?

>From what little I know, Tomcat should not interfere with ODBC data
sources...Check the following:

-> Is all the connection URL related information spelt correctly ?
-> Is ODBC really configured, and tested ?
-> Is a console mode application able to connecto this same JDBC:ODBC source
-> If there are any drivers, are they places in %TOMCAT_HOME%\common\lib ?
-> Try extracting the drivers and placing them in

09/11/2001 2:27:06 PM, Mitesh Narsana <> wrote:

>i have a problem. when i am running my application, i
>am getting an error saying that it was unable to load
>my jdbc:odbc driver...i am using Oracle8i server as
>backend, servlets as a middle tier.
>thanks in advance
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Find a job, post your resume.