tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kemp Randy-W18971 <Randy.L.K...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: apache from Oracle gets in the way
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:15:28 GMT
If you have a CIS from Oracle, then you can ask this question to their
support service.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph Kukulies [mailto:kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 8:51 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: apache from Oracle gets in the way

This is not 100% tomcat on topic but maybe some in this list
can share my experience:

I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 under Windows 2000 on my notebook computer
and also installe apache 1.3.17 (oracle's httpd is apache 1.3.12)

Now it seems that although I removed apache 1.3.12 from by invoking
it with the -u option from the \oracle\ora81\apache\apache
it looks like some magic in oracle installs the service and starts it again
on startup.

This is getting in the way with my tomcat/apache experimenting.

ANy clues how one can get rid of the ORacle apache (and maybe still
later be able to use apache with Oracle)?