tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chintan Shah <cvs...@lucent.com>
Subject Running Scheduled Task in Tomcat
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Win NT 4.0, Tomcat 3.2.1, Java 1.3 for my intranet based application (using jsp-javabeans-jdbc-db
architecture). I want to set an automatic task (execution of a jsp page) in tomcat, which
will be executed on scheduled time.

For example, everyday at 1:00 a.m. the jsp (java) code should be executed automatically, which
(for example) may be firing a query onto database and getting a list of records, and sending
some mails on particular criteria.

How can I do this ? (I don't want to set Windows Scheduler Tasks, which can execute a jsp
page by opening a new browser window (at scheduled time) with that page and after some seconds,
it will automatically close the browser window.)

any help is highly appreciated,

thanks in advance,
Chintan
This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 3.3 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/thread.jsp?forum=3&thread=23>
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/>