tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Location of JSSE .jar files in Tomcat 3.3?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:29:39 GMT
Tomcat 3.3 has more levels of classloaders that Tomcat 3.2.3,
which is likely why this issue appears.  Class visibility
between classloaders may not allow the JSSE jars to function
in lib/apps.  They may need to be in the same classloader as
some other jar.  I haven't yet played using JSSE except
for enabling SSL support.  This worked with the jars in
jre/lib/ext or lib/common.  I assume you get some form of
class not found error.  If you have a stacktrace, I could
tell more.

Cheers,
Larry