tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: CLASSPATH for web apps - and the answer is?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:00:07 GMT
Is the tomcat.bat unmodified?

Note that in its unmodified state, it contains:

    set CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_INSTALL%\lib\tomcat.jar

which replaces any CLASSPATH setting in your environment
(your CLASSPATH setting is saved and restored however).
The recommended procedure for adding classes to Tomcat 3.3
is documented at:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html#configuring_classes>

The stacktrace isn't complete and doesn't show the
error.  In server.xml, you can add:

    path="logs/tomcat.log"

to the

    <LogSetter name="tc_log" ... />

entry to capture Tomcat's log output in a file.  Hopefully
the stack trace will appear in the tomcat.log file.

Cheers,
Larry