tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject Re: Fail to bring up Tomcat 3.3 for windows 2000
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:11:45 GMT
I just tried it on Win2k and it works okay for me.  Both from
TOMCAT_HOME and TOMCAT_HOME\bin.  I tried this
with both JDK1.3.1 and JDK 1.3.  Which JDK are you using?

Larry

P.S. I just checked the jakarta-tomcat-3.3.zip at the Jakarta
site and it appears to be fine.

From: "Thomas Spiessens"
Subject:  Re: Fail to bring up Tomcat 3.3 for windows 2000
Date:  Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:06:34 +0100
Hi Ai,
I had the same problem in exactly the same situation (Tomcat3.3 in
cooperation with Windows 2000).
Didn't find a solution for it (after searching a long time), just
installed
version 4.0 and everything works perfectly now.
So I suggest, try installing Tomcat version 4.0.
Maybe it's a bug in Tomcat 3.3 that hasn't been removed yet ?
Hope this helped you out,
Thomas.