tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Classloader TC3.3
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:58:14 GMT
You aren't making a mistake, other than thinking you made a
mistake.  This is probably the simplest solution if you
want to make use of Jasper's JspServlet.

To improve performance, Tomcat 3.3 doesn't use Jasper's
JspServlet.  Instead JSP's are translated (using Jasper) and
compiled by the JspInterceptor.  The resulting JSP servlet is
then served with the same overhead as a regular servlet.  A
side effect of this is that the JspServlet isn't visible to web
applications by default.

Note that the useJspServlet="true" option for the JspInterceptor
currently trips on this same problem of the JspServlet not being
visible to webapps.  We are currently working on fixing this for
Tomcat 3.3.1.

Cheers,
Larry