tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Newbie-Tomcat3.3+Apache1.3
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 14:37:43 GMT
If you use the Tomcat 3.3 generated files, it should be as simple
as (excluding acquisition of the mod_jk binary):

1) If you are using *nix, edit TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jk/worker.properties
   to use "ps=/" instead of the default "ps=\".
2) Start Tomcat with the "jkconf" option to generate the
   configuration files, found in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/auto.
3) Modify httpd.conf to include the TOMCAT_HOME/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
   configuration file.
4) Start Tomcat
5) Start Apache

Further custom configuration could involve the files you mention.

Precompiled versions of mod_jk for Linux, Netware, and Windows are
available for download from the site where you got Tomcat 3.3.
mod_jk for other version can be built from the source provided
with the binary release.  It is found in the
TOMCAT_HOME/native/mod_jk/apache1.3 and related directories.

Cheers,
Larry