tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hessing Ingo" <I.Hess...@laudert.de>
Subject AW: form authentication with IIS - j_security_check - error 405 - tomcat 3.2.3
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:46:22 GMT

Hi,

have you tried defining all the users a second time within NT 4? - If
your users are not only valid Tomcat users (defined in tomcat-users.xml)
but also valid Win NT 4 users the IIS 4 might let them through to the
isapi_redirect.dll in form-based authentification.

As you, Samuel, already know this was my solution on a W2k system with
IIS 5 and normal authentification. Maybe it's the same on NT 4 for
form-based authentification so you don't need a port-8080-workaround.

bestWISHES

Ingo