tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cracauer, David D." <dcraca...@vue.com>
Subject RE: Auto load a servlet
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:56:38 GMT
Can't you do a redirect to a relative path?
Like this:

<head>
 <title>HTML REDIRECT</title>

 URL=/webstation/servlet/WebStation">
 </head>

-----Original Message-----
From: Bret Farris [mailto:developer@brefar.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 10:42 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Auto load a servlet

Thanks for the response.  However, this is what I'm doing now.
Unfortunately, using "localhost" in the redirected url does not work when
the client browser is on another computer.  I can use the host computers IP
address instead, but defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to do, which
I'll explain more.

We make equipment that monitors clean rooms for companies, as well as the
software that can monitor all the equipment at one time.  We have created a
servlet that will allow anyone in the company to monitor limited portions of
the software without having to install the software on lots of machines.  So
we will be including Tomcat 4 with our software.  I don't want to have to
create a customized index.html file for each customer.  So I'm searching for
a different solution.

I'm researching using javascript to automatically find the IP address of the
hostcomputer and redirect to the IP+"webstation/servlet/WebStation".  But
have come up empty on that front so far.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bret