tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Narinder Singh <NSi...@quark.stpm.soft.net>
Subject RE: Getting java.io.StreamCorruptedException (URGENT).
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:05:06 GMT

First thanks for help.

Our application is sending objects to the servlets using the URLConnection.
The servlet then processes the request and sends the appropriate response
object.

here is the code for our uploadObject method

URL servletURL url = new URL(location);
URLConnection urlConnection = url .openConnection();

urlConnection.setDoInput(true);
urlConnection.setDoOutput(true);
urlConnection.setUseCaches(false);
urlConnection.setDefaultUseCaches(false);
urlConnection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type",
					"application/octet-stream");

outputToServlet =	new
ObjectOutputStream(urlConnection.getOutputStream());
// send object to servlet
outputToServlet.writeObject(objectToServer);
// read object from servlet
inputFromServlet = new ObjectInputStream(urlConnection.getInputStream());
// Exception occurs here

the servlet code is (the doGet method)

in = new ObjectInputStream(request.getInputStream());

Object objectFromClient = in.readObject();

Object resultObject = processReceivedObject(objectFromClient,
					request, response);
if (resultObject != null) {
	// Create output stream to write Object
	out = new ObjectOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());

	out.writeObject(resultObject);
}
if (in != null) {
	in.close();