tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Rueth <ulrich.ru...@gmx.de>
Subject codeBase not accepted
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 13:49:24 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Tomcat4.0.1 with a security manager and having trouble with the
codeBase statement in the catalina.policy file. As long as I leave the codeBase
argument away, no problems. As soon as I add the codeBase argument (even
with absolute pathes to show that it's no relative path problem), I get a
java.io.FilePermission exception. Tomcat cannot access my application properties
file. Here's the snippet from my catalina.policy file:

grant codeBase "file:/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/myapp/-" {
  permission java.io.FilePermission "/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/myapp/-",
"read,write";
};

I get the following exception:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/myapp/application.properties read)

Can anybody help?
Thanks,
Ulrich

http://www.gmx.net