tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Lawlor" <frank.law...@athensgroup.com>
Subject Re: [repost] loading class files
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:08:02 GMT
> Note on the other stuff: Classes used on the server
> side should be in a package structure under
> WEB-INF/classes to work correctly. JSPs,
> static content, and client-side applets should
> all be outside the WEB-INF folder for proper
> operation. This is defined in the spec and is
> required for all applications conforming to it.
> Hope this clears some mystery.
> --David Smith
I cannot find any place in the spec that says that
JSPs, etc. cannot be under WEB-INF.  I have seen
many suggestions that this is a good place to put
them to prevent direct access.  In what way doesn't
this provide "proper operation".

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.