tomcat-users mailing list archives

From stefanom <stef...@pcdirect.it>
Subject How to enable port 80 on RH Linux 7.1?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi all,
thi forum is a great idea, hope I can be helpful in the future (I'm still a newbie...)

My question:

I've just migrated my webapp fron Jserv to Tomcat 3.3, on RH Linux 7.1, everything's ok but
a couple of points:

1 - Tomcat is running as a standalone server, and it works great on port 8080. When I try
to run it serving port 80 (changing server.xml parameter), I cannot start it due to missing
root permission to access the port:
EmbededTomcat: Init time 1884
Guessed home=/var/tomcat
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatExcept
ion: Root cause - Permesso negato
        at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.PoolTcpConnector.engineStart(PoolTcp
Connector.java)

        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.main(Main.java)

How can I fix this?

TNX in advance!

This message has been posted through the Jakarta Tomcat 3.3 F.A.Q.
on line forum, and can be seen at:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/thread.jsp?forum=3&thread=21>
For more informations about the on-line Jakarta forums, please go to:
<http://nagoya.apache.org:8080/jive/>