tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rob Griffin <Rob.Grif...@oz.quest.com>
Subject RE: ISAPI_REDIRECT.dll Tomcat3.3/Win2k/IIS5
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:17:12 GMT
Robert,

I've just got ISAPI_REDIRECT working after a considerable amount of
frustration.

Check these things:

1. That you have a jakarta virtual directory defined in IIS.
If it is not you get:
GET /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll 500
in your IIS log file when you try to access a servlet.

2. That the dll is located in the directory that the jakarta virtual
directory maps to. If it is not you get:
500 Server error The specified module could not be found
when you try to access a servlet.

3. That the ISAPI filter is defined at the computer level in IIS, not at
the web site level, and definitely not both. If it is you get:
Not Found (404)

Original request: /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

Not found request: /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
when you try to access a servlet.

4. That the registry entries are under the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0
If they are not you get:
404 Not Found

The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for.
Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.
when you try to access a servlet.

5. That the registry entries correctly point to the workers.properties
and uriworkermap.properties files. If not you get a 404 error as well.

If all these look correct you can turn debugging on by setting the registry
entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0\log_level

to debug. This will produce debug info in the file pointed to by the
registry entry log_file.
Also look in the IIS log file which is usually in
\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1 or W3SVC2

On of the confusing things about the redirector is that it is both an IIS
filter and an extension
and these mechanisms use different ways of locating the DLL, so it can work
as a filter but fail
as an extension (getting point 2 wrong causes this).

Another thing that can trip you up is that if you need to restart IIS you
have to
do it from the Services control panel applet, not the Microsoft Management
Console.

Regards,

Rob Griffin
Quest Software