tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rob Griffin <Rob.Grif...@oz.quest.com>
Subject RE: Can't get Tomcat 3.2.3 and IIS to work together
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:57:19 GMT

I'll answer my own question now that I have found the answer
in case anyone else has this problem.

I found that I had inadvertently (stupidly??) added the
ISAPI filter in two places in IIS, once on the
Default Web Site node and again on the computer node.

The duplicate filters interfere with each other in such
a way that the original URL is passed to the filter
which directs it to Tomcat but somewhere along the way
IIS returns "/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll" when the URL
is read again, resulting in the 404 error page.

Once I removed the filter from the Default Web Site node
it worked perfectly.

Rob Griffin
Quest Software

E-mail: Rob.Griffin@oz.quest.com