tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stine, Matt" <Matt.St...@stjude.org>
Subject Cannot start Tomcat on AlphaServer running Digital UNIX
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:03:20 GMT
I cannot seem to start Tomcat on our AlphaServer.  We are running Digital
UNIX V4.0F  (Rev. 1229).
I set Tomcat up the same way that I set it up on my Linux box, where it runs
fine.  The only difference is the
path to the JDK, which has been changed appropriately.  Am running DEC Java
version 1.2.2-8.  I have
tried this with Tomcat 4.0 and Tomcat 4.0.1.

Here is what happens when the startup script runs (as root):

# bin/startup.sh
Using CLASSPATH:
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/opt/java122/lib/tools.j
ar
Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using JAVA_HOME:     /usr/opt/java122
#

And here is the output to the logfile (catalina.out):

usage: java org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina [ -config {pathname} ] [
-debug ] [ -nonaming ] { start | stop }

Any ideas?

Matt Stine
Software Engineer
Hartwell Center for Bioinformatics and Biotechnology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
332 N. Lauderdale St.
Memphis, TN 38105-2794
Phone: 901.495.4602