tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Kirk <christopher.k...@convergys.com>
Subject RE: Sending Email
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:28:45 GMT

I believe that the URL class shipped with Java is sensitive to the
'mailto://a@foo.com' format, and that the unsupported classs that you have
mentioned is used by that class.

- Chris.

Brainbench Java2 MVP.

I have a little problem: I successfully created a Web application
with Tomcat, consisting of some JSP pages that communicate
with a database. Now I want to automatically create email
messages that inform a person about database inserts. Now my
question: Is there a simple way to send a file via SMTP from within
a Java program? I considered taking the JMS package, but this
seems to be a complex matter compared to the simple task I want
to do. Is someone of you aware of a simple SMTP client written in
Java? Another possibility would be to call a Win32 SMTP client
from within my Java program. Does some of you know a method to
start shell applications from within Java?

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

with best regards,

Bernhard Stoeger

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or