tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Matulis <PMatu...@zaq.com>
Subject RE: specifying remote Tomcat
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:27:11 GMT
-> Nobody seems to be biting on your question so I'll take a crack
-> at it.  btw, I have no idea what jboss is so I'm going purely from
-> Apache/Tomcat experience.

JBoss allows us to process EJBs.  JBoss and Tomcat are separate
entities but they are launched together.

-> Two things I would do to figure out the problem.  First, pull out
-> the Alias and Directory entries below.  Sounds to me like they're
-> taking responsibility for the /examples url.

Why? The Alias and Directory directives are found in the config
Tomcat automatically generates.

-> Second, I've never
-> seen a Tomcat JkMount command with the URL-style protocol
-> and IP specification.  The workers.properties file handles the IP
-> address, port number, and protocol.  You just provide the name
-> of the worker.

Yes, I got that one already :)