tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Coetmeur, Alain" <>
Subject RE: Running Scheduled Task in Tomcat
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:17:22 GMT

I agree with craig opinion.
Servlet container are not designed to spawn such
working thread, and you may have problem with deployment/undeployment
(stale threads,...)...
anyway it is feasible...
note that classes may/should be unloaded and that running thread may
suffer from or forbide that...

a clean way could be to build a crontab server in a separate VM...

I you want to have all run in one VM,
think about using Jboss, which have
a Scheduler Service , beside the tomcat/catalina container,
EJB, XA transaction, JDBC/Mail/JMS pool...

I've not look at the scheduler config, but it seems easy...

If you feel it cool you may even design
your own scheduler container as a JMX MBean,
creating a notion of "scheduled applicatio/, sheduler-archive"
that you could deploy by drag/drop like a .war or a .ear...

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message