tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jack Lauman <jlau...@nwcascades.com>
Subject WEB.XML Syntax for using Jikes in TC-4.1-DEV
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:38:33 GMT
What is the correct syntax for setting Jikes as the default JSP
compiler in Tomcat 4.1-DEV.  (I'm cvs sources).

I've tried adding the following initialization parameters, Tomcat
starts and loads without errors but it doesn't seen to be using Jikes.

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
   <init-param>
      <param-name>jspCompilerPlugin</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.jasper.compilerJikesJavaCompiler</param-value>
   </init-param>
   <init-param>
      <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
      <param-value>INFO</param-value>
   </init-param>
   <load-on-startup>3<</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

I'd appreciate any help in resolving this problem.

Thanks,

Jack