tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Ching <siuch...@corp.earthlink.net>
Subject Re: fop url
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:13:53 GMT

Looks like this error is generated when your servlet couldn't locate the
generated
.fo file.  You won't be able to avoid it 'cuz everyone has a different
file system.
If the parameter is meant to supply the location of your local file.
You probably
will have to make it relative to a location -hardcoded in your
application configuration.
And this value will need to change when the app is deployed into
different systems.

Matt Laywell wrote:

>    I'm using tomcat 4.0, fop 2.20, iis 5.0, w2kp.
> Using asp to write a .fo file to a virtual dir.
> after writing this file from info from the database I want to serve it to
> the client in .pdf.
>
> the link would be similar to this
>
> http://server(www.website.com)/fop/fop?fo=//server(www.website.com)/Project3
> /test.fo
>
> at the moment I am just testing locally using the machine name as the
> server.
>
> I get an error 500 exception start like this
>
>  javax.servlet.ServletException: //matt2/Project3/test.fo (The network name
> cannot be found)
>
> the fop servlet is working fine if I give it a path from the hard drive but
> that won't work over the internet.
>
> I don't know if I need to make more entries in the server.xml file or what.
>
> any help would be appreciated.
>
> new at this
>
> matt laywell
>
> --